Friday, September 14, 2012


Determine your shipping costs.

I sold a wreath two days ago on Etsy! Yay!! Before I listed my wreaths on Etsy, I went to the FedEx office and brought a wreath with me to determine what I would charge for shipping.  We weighed it and determined what it would cost to ship it to most places in the United States.  

I will say that I have been within about $3 of that cost for every shipment.  My only mistake was when I went to buy my boxes from Uline, I didn't consider the height of the box and an extra two inches added a lot of expense to the shipping (much more than I had estimated).  Luckily the FedEx office offered to break the box down a couple of inches and was able to get the shipping price close to my estimation. The next time I ordered my boxes, I made sure they were two inches shorter, which I can do since my wreaths can be crushed a little.

Remember that your shipping costs are not only the shipment, but the box, ordering and shipping cost of your shipping materials, enclosed statements and your time and gas to ship. 

No comments:

Post a Comment