Monday, September 17, 2012

Getting Ready for the Craft Fairs

I've been checking out some blogs on Pinterest about preparing for Craft Fairs and they really do offer a lot of good information.  One of the first things I wanted to do was to figure out what my wreaths are really costing me to make.  I created a table in Microsoft Word that uses formulas to determine what the materials I am using are costing in creating a wreath.  I also included information about shipping to determine my overall costs.  Here's what my table looks like:


Wreath Creation Cost Sheet

I've included a copy of this table with each wreath I've made along with a picture of the wreath. I am making different documents for each craft show I'm doing that includes all the wreaths I'm offering for sale at that show.  

One of the suggestions I found about craft shows is to create unique price tags.  I found a dove punch for scrapping and I decided to use that and twine for my price tags.  I really like the way they look.  I found a wooden bucket on clearance at Michael's last month and I'm going to cut the tags off as I sell them and keep them in the bucket to help record my sales.  I haven't come up with a good way to number my inventory yet, but I'll include that on the back of each tag.

Now I just need to get working on my inventory.  I have 3 craft fairs coming up. My plans are to start with 10-15 wreaths for the first fair, then to make sure I have at least 20 for the next two.  I am completely new at this, so any additional advice would be greatly appreciated.  Now back to work!



No comments:

Post a Comment