Thursday, September 13, 2012

As I begin to get ready for some craft shows that I've signed up for, my confidence is beginning to sag.  I want to remember that I started doing this because it is something I enjoy, not just something I do to make money.  

I love to make things, and I've been making wreaths and arrangements all my life.  Through Etsy, I was able to put a few of these items out there to see if others liked what I did.  What a thrill it is to get a favorite from someone, or even better, to have someone purchase one!!  Selling them enables me to make even more, which grows my creative ideas.  I love making things, and I've really enjoyed making these wreaths. 

It's taken almost half of my life to get up the courage to try to actually sell something I've made, and I'm so glad I took that leap.  Thank goodness through websites like Etsy and Pinterest, its not hard to show others what you are doing and to get feedback.  I hope that if you are reading this, that you will take a leap of faith in yourself.  Try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment